The management and educators of Banksia Preschool are committed to providing an educational and stimulating programme in a friendly, safe, caring, relaxed, friendly and positive atmosphere. This is done in partnership with staff, families and children.
Within this we aim to:
- Support childrens emerging skills in all areas of development
- Foster a positive sense of self and self esteem for all children
- Create a sense of belonging for the child, parents and extended family
- Promote freedom to visit or stay at the centre and become involved in the centres activities
- Offer children experiences that are authentic and unhurried to ensure uninterrupted play and learning.
- Provide materials and provisions for use in play that encourages independent thinking, exploring and problem solving.
- Support children to learn through play by providing a wide variety of materials and educational experiences based on their individual and or additional needs.
- Provide a home like environment that is aesthetically pleasing.
- Ensure the health, safety & well being of staff, families and children whilst at our centre.
- Establish links to the community and training agencies to ensure up to date practices
- Form supportive and respectful relationships with families using our centre.
- To develop an awareness and sensitivity to the needs of others regardless of gender or cultural background.
- Provide fair and consistent behaviour management.
- Encourage children to interact in a socially acceptable manner whilst recognising all children/adults have rights that should not be infringed on.